The Housing Management Department manages over 1,500 properties owned and operated by the Wilmington Housing Authority and 218 Low Income Housing Tax Credit Properties. The Leasing department maintains a centralized waiting list for screening and selection of the prospective residents. Unit sizes range from efficiency to 4 bedroom units and the waiting list remains open with a preference given to those residents working or disabled.
Each of the 6 Asset Managed Properties are staffed with a manager, an assistant manager, clerical support and maintenance personnel. Their responsibilities include:
- Rent Collection
- Lease Enforcement and adherence to the Admissions and Occupancy Policy
- Unit inspections
- Generating work orders for maintenance repairs
- Monitoring completion of vacant units to decrease turnaround time
- Budget Monitoring and adherence
- Curb appeal
- Resident satisfaction
- Routine and preventative maintenance to the upkeep of buildings and structures of all Public Housing units.
Questions for the Housing Management Department can be sent to:
Housing Management Chief
302.429.6701 ext. 1021