Meeting minutes: Board of Commissioners
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
The Chairman of the Wilmington Housing Authority Board of Commissioners has called the Regular Meeting of the Board to be held at the Central Office,400 N. Walnut Street, Wilmington, Delaware. June 24, 2019 6:00 P.M.
A G E N D A
A. EXECUTIVE SESSION – CLOSED TO PUBLIC 6:00 P.M. – 6:15 P.M.
- Collective Bargaining
B. ROLL CALL: OPEN TO PUBLIC @ 6:15 P.M.
B. PUBLIC COMMENT
If you wish to be heard, come to the podium and give your name for the record. The amount of time any single speaker is allowed to talk will be 3-minutes and may only approach the podium once during the session. Public comment that is repetitious, slanderous, offensive and inflammatory, amounts to personal attacks or interferes with the rights of other speakers is not allowed. Any person who acts in violation of these rules will be excused from the remainder of the meeting. During Public Comment, the board or staff will not be required to provide feed-back but will ensure that persons requesting such will receive follow up prior to the next monthly board meeting.
During the remainder of the meeting following Public Comment, attendees will not be entitled to speak. The Chairman will recognize board members and staff to address the on-going business of the housing authority.
C. ELECTION OF OFFICERS
1. Nomination and Election of Chairman of the Board
D. REGULAR MEETING
1. Approval of Minutes: May 28, 2019 Regular Meeting
2. Executive Director’s Report (John Hill)
Video: Who Moved My Cheese
3. Response to Inquiries from Public Comments
– May 28, 2019 Regular Meeting
4. Finance Reports
5. Board Committee Reports
c) By-Law Ad Hoc
a) Consent Agenda: Items i. through v.:
- Resolution 19-35 Authorizing the Wilmington Housing Authority to Sell Property Located at 1506 West 7th Street, Wilmington, DE 19805 Under the Section 32 Homeownership Program
- Resolution 19-36 Authorizing a Wage Increase between the Wilmington Housing Authority and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, Local 563, and the Office and Professional Employees International Union, Local 32, and the Service Employees International Union, Local 32BJ.
- Resolution 19-37 Authorizing the Wilmington Housing Authority to Implement a Homelessness Initiative and an Offender Re-Entry Program
- Resolution 19-38 Authorizing the Wilmington Housing Authority to Add Twenty-Five Energy Performance Contract (EPC) Scattered Site Units to the Section 32 Homeownership Program
- Resolution 19-39 Authorizing the Wilmington Housing Authority to Dispose of Twenty-One Scattered Site Properties
- Resolution 19-11 Amending the Wilmington Housing Authority’s Public Housing Smoke Free Policy
- Resolution 19-18 Authorizing the Approval of Wilmington Housing Authority’s Operating Budgets
7. Board Committee Reports
c) By-Law Ad Hoc
8. OLD BUSINESS
a) By-Law Ad Hoc Committee: 2nd Reading
b) Resolution 18-19, Rental Demonstration Program (RAD) Application for Lincoln Towers
9. NEW BUSINESS